How You Can Prepare
Bring a list of the symptoms that have caused you to seek treatment with Back 2 Perfect.
This may include:
- Injuries to your body, whether fully healed or not
- Chronic pain, parts of your body where any continual pain exists
- Acute aches or pains, anything new that is bothering you now
- Illnesses affecting your body
- Minor symptoms, regardless of whether they seem related or not
Include how long you’ve had each symptom, as well as its severity.
What To Expect
If you’re a first-time client, please arrive fifteen minutes early.
We will start by getting to know you and your specific bodily issues. Your massage therapist will ask what you hope to get out of therapeutic massage treatments and if you have any specific issues that need to be addressed.
We will explain how massage can help your body’s problems – such as back pain, headaches, your feet, knees, hips, shoulders, and more – with massage therapy. If appropriate, we will talk about the use of light therapy and microcurrent.
After your massage treatment, your therapist reviews the massage with you and makes a recommendation for any further treatment and maintenance, and discusses aftercare and any possible precautions.
If this is your first massage ever, there are a few things you may want to be aware of.
- The massage will be in a private room
- You will undress in private, lie on the massage table and drape yourself with a sheet
- For your first time, a one-hour massage is recommended
- Afterwards you may feel sore for a day or so
- A cold pack or ice is the best treatment for soreness after you get home
- Drink plenty of water the day after your massage
- Many people are not used to relaxing this deeply – it is good for you and allows your body time to recover and heal
- If you feel tired or drained after a massage, give yourself a well-deserved rest
Our therapists have a gentle and loving presence that they bring to their work. If you have any questions or feel uncomfortable or unsure about anything to do with your massage, feel free to call us before your appointment, or talk to us when you arrive.
Select the time and treatment best for you. Emails confirm and remind you of appointments.